CORONAVIRUS – Update 17 May 2021
I hope that everyone is well.
It’s been great to see so many children back in the dojo, with lots of new starters. This means the dojo is getting busy, so space is very limited. Prebooking and prepayment is a must to secure a place.
Due to the change in in government restrictions, we can now resume all classes including adults training. Adults / cadets class will resume on Fridays at 745pm.
Please remember we also have Tuesday classes open to all at 7pm, which will restart from tomorrow (18 May). If there is enough demand, I will open up a earlier families class on a Tuesday. Please let me know if this is of interest to anyone.
Unfortunately, due to space limitations no spectators will be permitted.
A reminder of class times below so please take note.
It is important that everyone sticks to the safety guidelines.
Tuesdays Family (Kids and Adults: 19:00- 20:00)
Fridays Family (Kids and Adults: 18:30 – 19:30)
Fridays Adults (Adults/Cadets: 19:45-20:45)
- Wait outside the dojo until called inside to register for class
- Temperatures will be taken before training. If you have a feverish reading, you will not be allowed to train
- Ensure your contact details are up to date. Please inform us of any changes
- No spectators are allowed in the training hall
- always keep a 2m distance
- A valid EGKA license will be required to train
- Only 1 toilet will be open for emergency, however you will need to use the hand sanitiser before and after use plus also ensure you wash your hands
- All windows and doors will be open for ventilation
- It’s recommended that you download the NHS track and trace app
- Prebook classes – contact us via the WhatsApp group or text directly on 07961 434 810.
- Wash your Gi (Karate kit) before class on at least a 40+ Celsius wash to kills germs
- Take off your shoes before entering the dojo and placed neatly as instructed
- Arrive for class already changed as there will be no changing facilities
- Bring a sweat towel, bottled water and sanitisers plus don’t forget to bring everything home or it will be disposed
- Face masks can be worn while training, but not compulsory
- Stay within your training area, please try to maintain the relevant distance
- Don’t turn up unannounced. All classes must be prebooked
- Don’t attend class if you or a family member or anyone you had contact with are feeling unwell with potential COVID related symptoms
- Don’t Kai unless you are wearing a mask
- No Food is allowed in the dojo
Looking forward to seeing you all at the dojo.
Sensei Matt and all at Kensho Karate Dojo
We thank you for your continued support. Stay safe and keep practicing! 🥋👊🏼