CORONAVIRUS – Update 19 July 2021
I hope that everyone is well and enjoying the summer so far. It is almost as hot as it is in Okinawa.
It’s been a long road and although a majority of government restrictions will be easing, we still need to be responsible and vigilant.
With this in mind we feel it is important to continue with certain measures to keep a safe environment for all. Therefore we will be doing the following:
- Pre-booking classes will still remain active
- Measuring of temperatures will remain for adults only
- Removal of 2 metre boxes
- No spectators allowed
- “Kiai” is back!!!
We will slowly be bring in full contact, but if at any point you don’t feel comfortable with an activity, we can provide an alternative until the activity is finished.
We will continue to review measures, however we remind everyone to be sensible and respectful of others.
In accordance with the above we have updated the DO’s and DON’T’s section below
Kids grading will be held on 6th August, students will be invited soon if they are ready to grade.
Adults grading to follow although not confirmed yet.
Please Note the Dojo will be closed on the following dates:
- Tuesday – 10, 17 August
- Friday – 13, 20 August
Normal classes will resume thereafter.
Tuesdays Family (Kids and Adults: 19:00- 20:00)
Fridays Family (Kids and Adults: 18:30 – 19:30)
Fridays Adults (Adults/Cadets: 19:45-20:45
- Sanitise hands when entering the dojo
- Adults temperatures will be taken before training. If you have a high reading, you will not be allowed to train
- No spectators allowed
- A valid EGKA license will be required to train
- 1 Toilet will be in open for emergencies, however please hand sanitise before and after use, plus don’t forget to wash your hands. When using the toilet please consider others and keep it clean for the next user.
- All windows and doors will be open for ventilation
- Prebook classes – contact us via the WhatsApp group or text directly on 07961 434 810.
- Wash your Gi (Karate kit) before class on at least a 40+ Celsius wash to kill germs
- Take off your shoes before entering the dojo and placed neatly as instructed
- Arrive for class already changed as there will be no changing facilities
- Bring a sweat towel, bottled water and sanitisers plus don’t forget to bring everything home or it will be disposed
- Face masks can be worn while training, but not compulsory
- Don’t attend class if you, a family member or anyone you have had contact with are feeling unwell with potential COVID related symptoms
- No Food is allowed in the dojo
Looking forward to seeing you all at the dojo.
Sensei Matt and all at Kensho Karate Dojo
We thank you for your continued support. Stay safe and keep practicing! 🥋👊🏼